We are no longer taking on any new applications for Marriage Allowance since the 22nd February 2022.

Great News

We have received your claim

To assist with the speed of your claim please complete the questions below


Claim in 3 easy steps


Fill out the online checker to see how much you could be entitled to.


Complete the claim by filling in all of your details, then submit the form online.


A HMRC officer will review your application and payment will be made to you net of our fees

Questions you may have

  • You have to be married or civil partners.
  • One 1o be a non-tax payer.
  • Other has to be a basic 20% rate taxpayer.

It will not affect your application for Marriage Allowance if you or your partner:

  • Are currently receiving a pension.
  • Live abroad - as long as you get a Personal Allowance.

If you’re married or in a civil partnership, you may be entitled to a £1,188 tax break called a Marriage Allowance.

2.4 million out of 4.7 million couples currently qualify for this and are missing out on a refund. You can check for free whether you’re eligible and how much you can claim on a no win, no fee basis.

The lower earner requests for any unused Marriage Allowance Benefit to be transferred to their spouse.

Those that earn less than the personal allowance can transfer a maximum of £1,250 in 2019/20 to their partner’s allowance.

NOTE: If you decide to transfer any of your unused personal allowance, you must transfer all of it.

If you earn less than £11,250 (the personal allowance, minus £1,250), you can do this without being liable to pay any tax.

In 2019-20, those earning above £11,250, but below £12,500 can still transfer £1,250 of allowance, but will become liable to pay tax on any income in excess of £11,250.

Their partner still makes a tax saving of £250, but the extra tax they pay reduces the overall level of saving made by the couple.

This allowance will transfer to the spouse automatically every year unless you contact HMRC to cancel it, or your marriage comes to an end (either through divorce or death).

You cannot claim Marriage Allowance if you’re living together, but you’re not married or in a civil partnership.

If you or your partner were born before 6 April 1935, you might benefit more as a couple by applying for Married Couple’s Allowance instead.

If the taxpayer:
  • Gets a pay rise (puts them into higher-rate taxpayer for the year)
  • Has flexible income or if the non-taxpayer starts working.

HMRC will not know until the end of the tax year, thanks to the way tax is calculated.

It doesn’t matter even if the taxpayer is:
  • Occasionally pushed into the higher-rate tax band, as long as their total income for the tax year doesn’t exceed £50,000 (£43,430 in Scotland).
At the end of the tax year HMRC will:
  • Reconcile your tax affairs
  • Send a P800 calculation
  • Recover any tax due in the following year through an adjustment to your tax code to claw it back via the payroll (or self-assessment for the self-employed).

You will receive 100% of the increase to your household net income going forwards once the marriage allowance tax break is in place. This is approximately £250 per year. This is done at no cost.

Our fee of 35% + Vat (42% including VAT) plus £100 (including VAT) of the total HMRC repayment is payable if a payment is released.

Where no payment is released, you do not have to pay us anything.

So, all you need to do is complete the online form and we will process the Marriage allowance transfer with HMRC for you.

We use cookies to improve user experience, and analyse website traffic. For these reasons, we may share your site usage data with our analytics partners. By clicking “Accept,” you consent to store on your device all the technologies described in our Cookie Policy. Alternatively, you can click “Cancel” to continue without cookies being used. To withdraw consent at any time please see How to disable cookies.